David P. Robinson
114 Crespi Court
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
2006-2011 Sealife Conservation Inc. Watsonville CA
- Developed programs and directed the operations of a 501c(3) non-profit with the mission of inspiring conservation of the oceans.
- Spearheaded website and social outreach work, created and maintained annual budgets, wrote grants, negotiated bids on projects, and cultivated customer relations.
- Trained and led a paid crew and 25 volunteers focused on providing marine conservation education to the public.
- Created a breakthrough method for recording marine debris accumulation and leveraged the data to advocate for ocean conservation amongst legislators and the public on the local and state level.
2004-2012 SRV Derek M Baylis Coastal CA
- Staff, maintain, and operate a purpose-built sixty-five foot sailing research vessel.
- Develop and deliver programs to inspire ocean conservation to over 25,000 people of all ages.
- Support research aboard providing a low-impact platform for marine science.
1991-2004 West Marine Inc. Watsonville CA
- Managed on-site crews and operations associated with opening retail stores to 12,000 sq. feet throughout the US and Canada including fixturing and merchandising as well as contractor relations.
Assistant Category Manager
- Budgeted and held accountable for the sales, margin, and inventory of a $14 million department distributed throughout the 230-store chain.
- Developed and purchased product for the mass merchant.
- Negotiated terms and conditions with all major vendors.
- Managed production, import, packaging, and merchandising.
Store Operations Liaison
- Spearheaded development and direction of New Product Rollout teams in the field and coordinated all issues associated with execution of rollout.
- Key contact between Merchandising, Replenishment, Marketing, Distribution, and stores.
Education & Certifications
Post Graduate study with Duke School of the Environment
BS, College of Business Administration, University of Rhode Island (1989), Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honors
USCG 100-Ton Captain’s License – 2001 – 2017
Certified Interpretive Guide – National Association of Interpretation – 2011
1998-2001 Coastal California through Australia
Outfitted and navigated a 31-foot sailboat through the South Pacific. It was during this voyage that I saw firsthand the tremendous need for environmental action and realized that I have the unique voice and entrepreneurial approach needed to help preserve our environment.